Mackie CR3 Review
Mackie CR3 Specifications
|Color||Black w/green trim|
|Model Name||Mackie CR3|
|Item Weight||6 Pounds (4.1kg ) / pair|
|Speaker Maximum Output Power||50 Watts|
|Tweeter||.75 ferrofluid-cooled silk-dome tweeter|
|Driver||3″ LF Driver|
|Bass port||Back bass port|
|Inputs||1/4″, 1/8″, RCA|
|Frequency Response||80Hz – 20kHz|
|Dimensions (H x W x D)||8.2″ x 5.5″ x 6.2″ (208mm x 140mm x 158mm)|
About the item
- Studio-quality design, sound, and performance ideal for multimedia creation and entertainment;
- Professional-grade components for optimized sonic performance. 1/8 inches to stereo RCA cable to connect computer output to speakers;
- Ultra-wide frequency range perfect for full-range multimedia (80 Hz – 20 kHz);
- Choose which side of your desk gets the volume knob with CR3’s convenient speaker placement switch;
- Convenient front panel volume knob with lit power ring gives you on/off/volume control and power indication where you need it. Plug your smartphone or other sources right into the front of the speakers and listen instantly;
- 50 watts of clean, articulate stereo sound;
- Front-facing headphone jack auto-defeats speaker output and provides tactile headphone volume control;
- A choice of inputs for simple connection to almost any audio source (1/4″, 1/8″, RCA);
- Smooth waveguide design delivers unmatched clarity and sound dispersion at all listening levels;
- Custom-tuned rear ports for smooth, even bass extension;
- All-wood cabinet provides a natural sonic character superior to low-grade plastic designs.
In this article, we’re going to be reviewing and checking out the multimedia monitor Mackey CR3. So, the CR3 from Mackie is really affordable you can find it on Amazon for around $100. That’s definitely a good price for these Mackie multimedia monitors. First of all, let’s take a look at the hardware. On the top, You have the three-inch subwoofer that puts out really high-quality. You also have the little silk dome tweeter right above it. On the loudspeaker, You have the on/off switch that also controls your volume in this of the speakers. And anything that you plug into it you have the Ox port down in the bottom right-hand corner and also the headphone jack.
Mackie does supply you with a Knox cable so that’s definitely a good look. Now on the back of the loudspeaker, we have all the controls and inputs. We have the left and right speaker selector so you can actually put the loudspeaker on the right or the left that’s up to you. And you can just basically flip the switch and you can select which side you want it to be on. The RCA RS inputs are also included in the box. So, you don’t have to worry about having another cable for that. And that’s great for my setup because I’m using a hinge dial which basically just uses my 3.5-millimeter jack. So that definitely works great for me I don’t have to worry about connecting it to an audio interface. But it does leave room for that. So if you want that you can definitely upgrade to it and be able to use an audio interface because it comes with a quarter-inch TRS input to connect your professional audio devices. Also included is a speaker wire that connects the powered speaker to the passive speaker. You have the phone pass that helps with cutting out the vibration of the desk you can also use these pads to point the speakers in any direction you want, you can point them up, you can point them down or you can point them straight to you. And these pads are definitely a good added touch.
Going on to the sound quality I was really really impressed at how great these speakers sound. The one thing I really appreciate about these Mackie speakers is the stereo sound. When you’re actually you know looking at content on YouTube, you don’t feel as if the music or the words are coming from either the left or the right. It sounds like it’s coming from directly in front of me they did a wonderful job on this and I couldn’t be any happier about that. Also, the actual size of this CR3 is perfect for my setup. It’s really compact really small but still delivers great sound. They’re actually smaller than my iPad. So, if you have limited space to work with, this definitely a good look and you’re still going to get really good quality sound out of them.
Pros and Cons
- The Mackie CR3s delivers studio-quality sound performance with a wide frequency range between 80 Hz to 20 kHz.
- Excellent price for a powerful sound.
- They are especially good for vocal and instrumental performances with clear stereo separation and crystal clear details.
- Great versatility supported by portability.
- The front-facing headphone jack is convenient.
- While the Mackie CR3s deliver crisp and clear sound performance, the bass lacks depth and does not feel as punchy.
- The CR3s would definitely benefit from the addition of a powered subwoofer.
Things To Consider Before Buying Home Or Studio Speakers
The limitations endured by persisting with inadequate speakers are clear for all music producers, creatives, and gamers alike. Even when the other facilities are good, poor audio will significantly reduce your enjoyment levels and potentially stop you from making the adjustments needed to take your beats to a professional standard.
External speakers with studio-quality allow you to turn the performance of your home setup and laptop all the way up to 11. However, those wanting to use speakers for their home cinema may want to look at surround sounds instead.
Whether buying the Mackie CR3s or another solution, be sure to consider;
- The maximum sound level.
- Whether headphones can be used with them.
- Their output sound and bass levels.
- The size, weight, and general portability.
- Their suitability for your specific tasks.
- The durability and quality of all materials.
- Brand reputation and customer care.
The Mackie CR3 speaker system ticks all the boxes, making it the ideal solution for music producers and more.
Mackie CR3 is a great speaker for DJs and perfect for a home setup. If you want a pair of speakers to listen to your mixes as you’re refining them, these are a perfect choice. Mackie CR3 are awesome little speakers that pack quite a bit of heat. They are colorful, completely standing out for the standardized dull design of their competition. You will rarely find something as versatile as Mackie CR3 for such a good price. It’s exactly that versatility that has brought them fame.