|Type||Condenser pressure gradient mic with large 32mm capsule|
|Diaphragm||Gold-sputtered, 6-micron diaphragm|
|Frequency Response||20 Hz—20kHz|
|Sensitivity||-30 dB re 1 V/Pat|
|Max output||1K load: + 13 dBu|
|Max SPL for 0.5% THD||138 dB SPL|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||80 dB (Ref. 1 Pa A-weighted)|
|Equivalent Noise Level||14 dB (A-weighted IEC 651)|
|Dynamic Range||124 dB|
|Power Requirements||Phantom power 48V ± 4V|
|Size||64mm x 185mm|
|Metal Finish||Black and Black chrome|
|Connector Type||XLR Connector|
In this article, we’ll review the microphone which is the MXL CR89. This microphone is supposedly conquerable or comparable to the Sony C-800G.The MXL CR89 part of the stunning CR series of black chrome studio condenser microphones from MXL. The CR89 is a large-diaphragm condenser microphone with a matte black body and contrasted black chrome grille and trim. MXL is one of the leading manufacturers of high-performance audio products for professionals and recording enthusiasts around the world. MXL’s award-winning solutions continue to astound today’s top artists, engineers, professional producers, and businesses that require sonic perfection on stage or in the studio.
The sound is every bit as bold as the body; the CR89 can handle subtle acoustic guitar tones and loud vocals with the same sonic integrity. The CR89 is a low noise instrument microphone capable of capturing all of the details of pianos, strings, and acoustic guitars as well. The CR89 has low noise circuitry and a very low proximity effect, making it ideal for up-close recording. At home on instruments and vocals, the CR89’s body design minimizes body resonance while the tuned grill cavity reduces standing waves and harmonic distortion.
The rich sound of the CR89 is equally at home as a vocal mic, breathing life into every performance. The CR89 has a low noise circuitry, low proximity effect, tuned grill cavity that reduces standing waves and harmonic distortion. The large body is designed to minimize residence. The transparent sound is clear and natural. The MXL CR89 set includes an aluminum flight case, heavy-duty shock mount, and cleaning cloth.
- It possesses low-noise circuitry.
- Low proximity effect for a much quality sound
- It features a large-diaphragm for a fuller and richer tone.
- The tuned grill cavity aids in reducing harmonic distortion and standing waves.
- It is designed with a large body structure to minimize resonance.
- This microphone is affordable but with good sound quality.
- It can produce transparent, clear, and natural sounds.
- It can produce amazing sounds on vocals.
- This CR89 is also very good as a voice-over microphone.
- It comes with a shock mount with a protective case.
- It is optimal for a variety of instruments such as strings, acoustic guitars, pianos, and even for room sounds.
- Has good character but still very affordable.
- One of the top-quality condenser microphones on the market for vocals and instruments.
- Best value for money.
- It only comes in black color.
- This microphone is shorter in size compared to other condenser microphones.
- Though it is for men and women, the mic is more favorable for women’s vocals.
- The low mid-range tends to rise slightly.
- A little heavy.
- It is a little bit off in the upper mid-range presence, which other users might not like.